Are you are a market and business-savvy student wanting to understand more about the Southeast Asia market? Our Tertiary Market Immersion Programme (TMIP) to Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore is for you!
The programme runs from 4 - 24 January 2020 and you'll have to work on a group project in the weeks after you return to New Zealand.
We'll meet all your expenses - travel, insurance, accommodation and meals. In return, you'll need to complete specified tasks and promotional activities.
Why should you apply?
- You'll broaden your understanding of and engagement with Southeast Asia
- You'll learn about business environments and opportunities in the region
- You'll be introduced to social, cultural and political dimensions of life in Southeast Asia
- You'll work in teams, guided by academic and industry mentors, to develop a relevant business concept and present this at the end of the programme in Singapore
How could this programme impact you?
Don't take our word for it - we've collected stories from students on the programme earlier this year. The students share how they now have confidence to talk about Southeast Asia and how it helped them see new opportunities to set up business in the region.
Laurie Ingle, a recent Victoria University of Wellington graduate, says "The Tertiary Market Immersion Programme taught me that you can’t truly understand a market without visiting it. You can read statistics about how many people live in Ho Chi Minh City, but it doesn’t have meaning until you’re stuck in the middle of the road, unable to cross, because of an estimated 7.4 million motorbikes and scooters on the roads."
Zoë Hunt, an Otago Polytechnic student, says “Since going on the TMIP programme, I am so much more confident to talk about Vietnam, Thailand and Singapore and explain what I learnt and gained from this experience. The programme has inspired me to take action in the future and start my own social enterprise or business.”
You can read more of the student stories here.
Who can apply?
You must be:
- a NZ citizen or permanent resident
- aged 18 or over
- enrolled at a New Zealand tertiary institution and have completed at least one year of study by the time the programme commences
There are only 16 spots available on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! Applications close at midnight on Sunday 1 September 2019.
For more information and details on how to apply, please click here.