Are you are a market and business-savvy student wanting to understand more about the Southeast Asia market? Our Tertiary Market Immersion Programme (TMIP) to Vietnam, Thailand, and Singapore is for you!
**The application deadline has been extended to 8am Monday 12 November**
The programme runs from 8-26 January 2019 and you'll have to collaborate virtually in teams from early December.
We'll meet all your expenses - travel, insurance, accommodation and meals. In return, you'll need to complete specified tasks and promotional activities.
Why should you apply?
- You'll broaden your understanding of and engagement with Southeast Asia
- You'll learn about business environments and opportunities in the region
- You'll be introduced to social, cultural and political dimensions of life in Southeast Asia
- You'll work in teams, guided by academic and industry mentors, to develop a relevant business concept and present this at the end of the programme in Singapore
How could this programme impact you?
Don't take our word for it - we've collected stories from students on the programme earlier this year (previously called "Understanding Southeast Asia"). The students share how they now have confidence to talk about Southeast Asia and how it helped them see new opportunities to set up business in the region.
Lucy Blakiston, studying at Victoria University of Wellington, says "eight months on, and this opportunity still affects my life every day. Whether I'm reading a news article about Southeast Asia and completely understanding the context, sitting in my "Southeast Asian politics" lecture and actually being able to add value to the class - my life has changed tremendously. The programme has definitely pointed my future in a Southeast Asian direction!"
You can read more of the student stories here.
Who can apply?
You must be:
- a NZ citizen or permanent resident
- aged 18 or over
- enrolled at a New Zealand tertiary institution and have completed at least one year of study by the time the programme commences
There are only 16 spots available on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! Applications close at 8am Monday 12 November.
For more information and details on how to apply, please click here.