Ten students from secondary schools around the country have been selected to take part in our BizVenture programme to Thailand in September 2019. We've partnered with Young Enterprise to create a week-long experience that exposes young Kiwi entrepreneurs to the opportunities awaiting them outside of school and encourages business connections in Southeast Asia.
The students will learn about doing business in Thailand and will visit both established and emerging companies in Bangkok. They will meet local entrepreneurs and key players in New Zealand trade and engage with Kiwi entrepreneurs operating offshore. They will also work with local Thai students on a business challenge exercise. Sustainability will be a major focus of the week.
The trip is an opportunity for these young entrepreneurs to extend their global business knowledge and their understanding of the Thailand trade environment.
The talented students heading to Bangkok in September 2019 are:
- Louis Gaffaney, St John's College (Hastings)
- Rebecca Renwick, Albany Senior High School (Auckland)
- Brooke Moore, Tauhara College (Taupo)
- Olivia Moore, Tauhara College (Taupo)
- Jake Newlands, St. Andrew's College (Christchurch)
- Avdeep Kaur, Auckland Girls' Grammar School (Auckland)
- Olivia Hubber, St Margaret's College (Christchurch)
- Sam Wixon, Havelock North High School (Havelock North)
- Finn McCabe, Cashmere High School (Christchurch)
- Adam Jonkers - Glendowie College (Auckland)
New Zealand has a great track record for fresh thinking on the world stage, and the BizVenture Programme to Southeast Asian countries helps to continue that by inspiring the next generation of young entrepreneurs.
Keep an eye on our social media platforms for updates from the group in Bangkok in September and early October 2019.