How could this experience impact you?
As an ASEAN forum attendee, you will:
- Hear from keynote speakers on future directions and issues for business in the ASEAN region
- Learn about and discuss opportunities in this dynamic region
- Attend exciting breakout sessions that explore themes such as international education and supply Chain recovery
As a Market Readiness Workshop participant, you will:
- Learn about trading environments, key aspects of cultures and ways of doing business in ASEAN
- Gain key insights about in-market competition
- Learn about opportunities and market entry strategies
- Hear first-hand experiences from Kiwi exporters
- You will receive two digital SEA CAPE badges, for actively participating in both the ASEAN Forum and the Market Readiness workshop
- Networking opportunities with New Zealand businesses, ASEAN experts and likeminded peers
- Expand your professional network both digitally and in person
9.00am-12.00pm - Participate in our ASEAN Market Readiness Workshop, facilitated by academic experts and attended by New Zealand SMEs.
12.00pm-12.30pm – Lunch
12.30pm-12.55pm – ASEAN Forum Doors open & Networking
1.00pm – 7.00pm - Attend 2021 ASEAN Forum
What's expected of you?
During the day
We require you to report live about the ASEAN forum and its topics on social media.
You will be required to post on LinkedIn in the form of a video or written post, a detailed summary of your experience at the Market Readiness Programme and the ASEAN forum explaining:
- What were your key takeaways?
- Have these experiences changed your perspective on any of the subjects covered?
- Tag SEA CAPE and the ASEAN New Zealand Business Council (ANZBC) on your posts
SEA CAPE will cover the following expenses:
- Return travel to Auckland
Who can apply?
This opportunity is open to students of all levels and disciplines currently enrolled at a New Zealand tertiary institution outside of Auckland. You must be available to attend both the workshop and forum (full day) and potentially overnight in Auckland depending on logistics.
You must be a NZ Citizen or permanent resident
How to apply
- You will need to submit a video (up to 90 seconds) detailing your interest in the Southeast Asia region and why you should be selected for this opportunity
- Provide your CV and academic transcript with your application