To celebrate Asia Savvy’s 10-year anniversary, New Zealand Asia Institute (NZAI) have ‘savvied-up’ with two new offerings:
- A Lego Serious Play workshop to improve creative thinking and communication
- ASIASAVVYx – Four places for Asia-Savvy students to present their own inspiring stories (more below)
The conference will also:
- explore the relevance of cross-cultural differences and how they impact our future global careers
- identify the key skills needed to succeed in this global and inter-connected world
Students will be able to engage directly with experts working across different cultures and share their valuable experiences.
- Learn about the personal skills, work habits and strategies that have helped our speakers succeed internationally.
- And what these cross-cultural experts wished they had known earlier in their journeys
Your chance to speak at the 2020 Asia Savvy Conference
ASIASAVVYx is a new opportunity for a limited number of students to give a short Ted-style talk (8-10 minutes) at the conference on a topic on your own experience of cross-cultural interaction.
This could include situations such as during local/international work experience; being part of a diverse term such a as a club or travelling.
This would be a great opportunity for SEA CAPE programme alumni to share their experience(s)
You may also be interested in..
Launching Neuron e-scooters in Auckland, Zhiying Chua's story
Join Zhiying on her journey working in a start-up tech company, Neuron Mobility, Singapore. Neuron raised investment capital to launch their e-scooters in Singapore, Australia and now in New Zealand.
Zhiying's story will explore opportunities and barriers working for a tech start-up (including as a female entrepreneur). She will talk about the importance of cultural intelligence for building a successful start-up like Neuron and give tips to students on building a rewarding career.
Date: 13 May 2020
Venue: via zoom link to be sent on 11 May 2020